Preparation for Medical Checkup
- Guideline on fasting
- Fast for 12hours for food and 8hours for water.
- Please refrain from consuming food, medication, gum, or smoking.
- For those who will be receiving colonoscopy should refer to instructions for "colonoscopy" and "medication".
- Antiplatelet agents (Lowest risk of bleeding/Aspirin, Pletal etc.): you may continue taking the medication, but be sure to STOP on the day of the exam.
- Other Antiplatelet agents and Anticoagulant (Plavix, Warfarin, Eliquis etc.): We recommend you to discuss with your doctor about the risk of cardio-cerebrovascular complications from stopping antithrombotic drugs and the allowable time for the discontinuation of your medicine. Without confirmation, further testing may not be completed based on the examiner’s decision. NEVER stop taking medication at your own discretion.
- Diabetes medication: Stop medications and insulin injection from the night before the exam.
** If you are scheduled to receive CT using a contrast agent, you should not take Metformin (Glucophage, Glupa, etc) for 48 hours after the test.
- Hypertensive medication, Anticonvulsants, Heart medication: please take it with a sip of water early in the morning on the day of the examination.
- Any other medications not mentioned above should be stopped during the fasting hours.
- Driving any vehicles on your own is not allowed after the sedative endoscopy.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, please inform us in advance.
What to bring on the medical checkup day
- For identification, please bring your Passport or Alien registration card (Resident registration card in Korea).
- Please fill out the health questionnaire and the consent form and bring them with you.
- Please collect your stool sample using the black container and bring it with you. For an accurate test, please keep the stool sample in cool place.
- To check your corrected vision, please bring your glasses or contact lenses if you have them.
- Payment for the medical checkup will be made on the day of appointment at the reception desk. You may pay with cash or credit card. Only international cards that are associated with domestic cards are acceptable.
- To reschedule the appointment, please contact us at least 7 days before your appointment date. (TEL: +82-2-2112-5500(Korean), +82-2-2112-5503(English) /FAX:+82-2-2112-5554/ TIME:Mon~Fri: 8AM~5PM)
- For the efficiency, please arrive on time for your checkup and wear comfortable clothes.
- Please do not bring any valuables and/ or children to your health checkup.
- Drivers should pay for the parking fee at the automated pay station before exiting the parking lot.
When to collect the sample
- Take the sample the day before the appointment day.
- For an accurate test, please keep it in cool place.
- If you are scheduled to receive sigmoidscopy or colonoscopy, collect the specimen 1~3 days before you take the preparatory laxatives.